Horror in Paris – 2 suicidebombers kill at least 153
Seven of eight dead terrorists died in suicide blasts, Paris prosecutor says.
Paris (CNN) On a night when thousands of Paris residents and tourists were reveling and fans were enjoying a soccer match between France and world champion Germany, horror struck in an unprecedented manner. Terrorists — some with AK-47s, some reportedly with bombs strapped to them — attacked sites throughout the French capital and at the stadium where the soccer match was underway.
According to French officials, at least:
- 112 were killed at the Bataclan theater.
- 14 were killed on Rue Bichat at the site of the Le Petit Cambodge restaurant, in the 10th district.
- 19 died on Rue de Charonne in the 11th district, outside a bar called La Belle Equipe.
- Four were killed on Avenue de la Republique, in the 10th district.
- Four others died outside the Stade de France, in Saint-Denis, north of Paris.
Paris Prosecutor spokeswoman Agnès Thibault-Lecuivre said eight extremists are dead after attacks. Seven of them were killed in suicide bombings.
U.S. President Barack Obama spoke with French President Francois Hollande to offer condolences and assistance in the investigation, the White House said. Earlier, Obama said, “This is an attack not just on Paris, not just on the people on France, but an attack on all humanity and the universal values we share.” He called the attacks an “outrageous attempt to terrorize innocent civilians.”
A total of six locations were attacked in and just outside the capital, Paris prosecutor François Molins told reporters Saturday.
- The terrorists were dressed in black clothes and without masks One witness described one of them as a young man in the early 20-s without facial hair.
France have now closed its borders.
Seee FULL REPORT AT CNN