BELGRADE – Serbian Interior Minister Nebojsa Stefanovic said Tuesday that we had found nobody who could be regarded as a danger to the security of the country among the refugees coming to Serbia from the Middle East.
“We are making effort to identify all these persons, including those that we have found to have perhaps taken part in armed conflicts in Syria on any of the sides,” Stefanovic told reporters.
“So far we have had no fighters of the Islamic State. We have only had some who participated in armed conflicts, but have laid down their weapons and decided to leave Syria,” said the minister, adding that the time of their entrance into and exit from Serbia had been documented.
“Serbia has warned partner service in the countries it works together with about it,” Stefanovic said.